View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:22 AM

This is the Lyngdorf RP 1 :

One more word about the effect of this wonder on my system.
The best improvement is by far on the bass : much more clear, dynamic, deep, tuneful.
Second improvement is on mucher higher clarity : you hear everything more easily
Third improvement is for dynamics, impacts and transients : the music is much more alive.
Overall improvement would be qualified this way : Now, I get the ultimate refinement degrees which were lacking previously from the EB1i. They are now extremely refined, detailed, musical and punchy. Yet, the sound is not aggresive in any way.
Its effect is of the same magnitude as when I went from the C220 to the C1000P reference preamplifier. THIS IS HOW GOOD THE RP-1 IS ON MY SYSTEM.
Jacques, I'm SURE your bad experience with it was :
- a defect of the RP-1
- a defect of the microphone during the calibration process. This microphone does not look very "high end " to me. It could easily be done in China, I would not be surprised
- your room is already near perfect.
Do you remember what amount of correction was applied by the RP1 on your system ?
I will be very interested to hear what you'll get with the MEN220 if you can try it when it will be released. BTW, is there a new McImporter for Benelux ?
If you come to Paris and want a demo of how it works in my room, just give me a call : +33623098536.

Best wishes,

Jérôme[/QUOTE]

Best wishes,
Jérôme

Last edited by Jerome W; 08-30-2009 at 10:21 AM.