View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Charles.......There are new speakers on your horizon. Embrace it.

If it takes you as long to decide as it did the preamp, you have at least another 10 months of mental ping pong to share with us before new speakers actually arrive.
And this is why the last line, "dampens isn't destroys"; I know better than to be definitive either way right now.

Still, it's true that the incoming computer setup and software, plus the oncoming holidays, pretty much kill any major unnecessary move. If I give in to the curiosity as far as speakers go, it'll be next year at the earliest. And unlike the Def Techs or Golden Ears, the Brystons would represent taking on debt, as opposed to merely putting a hole in the checking account. Plenty of time to argue with myself the logic and philosophy of fixing what isn't broken before it breaks.

Maybe I should stop looking at the brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MODEL_T_A_BROCHURE.pdf (4.18 MB, 6 views)
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks