View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
My Krell Evo 402 was conected to ARC LS 27. But I tried it with Evo 202 and it was much better. Warmer, darker and at the same time clear, fresh and more detailles. Better dynamics both micro and macro. Especially with the Cast connection. Krell sounds good with ARC. But Krell sounds great with Krell. Try to match Krell with Krell it be the best match due to my experience.
I spoke with my dealer today and there is a chance I can get a great "bundle" deal if I order 400e with Phantom. I have a serious question, based on assumption that 202 = Phantom.

You say 202 is much better than LS27. But, isn't it possible that ARC REF5 SE (or ref10) may provide as much incremental improvement over LS27? They are on different tier within ARC lineup. Maybe there won't be as much improvement going from REF5 SE to Phantom. ARC Ref 10 may even be better than 202

I don't mean to make this Krell vs ARC. I am trying to ascertain the value of "upgrading" from REF5SE to Phantom.

Maybe you are referring more to Krell-Krell synergy being superior to ARC-Krell.

I had Phantom III with 302e, and I definitely felt REF5 with 302e was superior.

I cannot demo Phantom. I have to take a leap of faith and just order it. So, it is a big (but, very delicious) dilemma...