View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiezaffa View Post
Where are your speakers - How far from back and side walls.
Where's your listening chair - whats the distance between your ear and the speakers.
Id turn off the centre channel for the moment and just work with left and right.

Sonus Faber's dont like to be placed too close to rear wall.
With a 20ft wide wall, try placing your speakers 5.5ft from side walls and 8.9ft from rear wall.

Start with your chair about 7ft back from the centre point between the two front woofers.
Toe in the speakers so you have a straight line from your tweeter to about 6inches outside of each ear.

Sit and listen. Slowly move the chair closer and see if you like the way it sounds.The bass should be more integrated with the mids and highs and centre image more defined.

Report your findings.
No findings yet. I'm not moving them around as I had them master set by a company that specializes in it. He's coming back out tomorrow to adjust them for me.
Right now this is how they are set up:
Left side is 11" from rear wall, 43" from left wall
Right side is 19" from rear wall, 42" from right wall.

Most of the rear wall is a cut out nook that allows a 4 bay salamander A/V cabinet to recess that is 24" deep.

Before the Masterset guy came, I had my O3s somewhere between 30-36" off the rear wall.

I'm also at the mercy of a home theater system. If my speakers are too far back, that would put my chair back into where my pool table is. The room is irregular shaped. Too close inward and I'll be covering the screen.

Although it doesn't show it, the majority of the right wall has windows.