View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
I have recommended the Neo ACE to my brother. He is looking for a single box solution, quality but affordable. 3500 is high, he is a millennial and just now getting into "hi-fi". He purchased Sonus faber Venere 2.5 speakers few years back, still BNIB. I really think this would be a perfect solution for him.
j3brow,

I auditioned the ACE at length (~4 hours). It is an excellent piece. Simaudio makes great gear. The Mind streamer OS is very good and the DAC in the ACE is excellent.

I really liked it and enjoyed the audition but one thing concerned me; the 50 watts. I'm using Bowers and Wilkins 683 S2s in a large room (26Wx28Lx11'Hft). The room I auditioned the ACE was ~ 15'Wx20'Lx10'H (I was also using the 683 S2s for the audition). As the peak spls neared the upper 80s I felt the ACE started to struggle. But the upper 80s dB is relatively loud and the audition room was on the large side.

If the room your brother has isn't large and/or he doesn't listen at higher levels the ACE should work and sound great with the Vener 2.5.

Cheers,

Scott