View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 03:52 PM

Default New Sony Z9G 85" 8K TV

I admit I am tardy in posting this, but last month I saw the new Sony Master Series 85" 8K TV at an event at a local audio retailer in Charlotte, Audio Advice. While I am more audio-focused than video, I have to say this TV was stunning. Nothing I have ever seen comes close. The clarity, the vivid colors, black levels - everything was almost overwhelming. Of course, at $13K, so is the price. The content they initially showed was from a computer and was native 8K. Then they showed HD and 4K content upsampled, which was surprisingly good. For a brief moment, I started thinking about buying one. Then reality set in with practical considerations like when will 8K content be available? What do I do with my Bryston SP3? I don't even have the 4K upgrade for it, as I am only watching standard HD today. I checked with Bryston and they have no announced roadmap for 8K support. I am not even sure when the SP4 will support 8K. So for the time being, I sit on the sidelines dreaming of what may be......somewhere down the road.
Bryston 28B Cubed Monoblock amps with Sound Anchor stands, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryston SP3 Processor, JL Audio CR-1 Sub Crossover, PS Audio P15 with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bricasti M-21 Platinum DAC, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Aurender N10 music server/streamer with Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable and RevOpod footers, TAD CR-1(mains) with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryson 9B3 Surround Amplifier, Sonus Faber Cremona M (center), Diva Swans (surrounds), (2) JL Audio F113 subs with RevOpod footers and granite bases, Oppo 95, Wireworld Gold Eclipse speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum interconnects and Wireworld Silver and Platinum Electra 7 power cables, Furutech Flux 50 in-line power filters, (6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, Shunyata outlets, Nordost QRT QKORE3 and QKORE6 Grounding Units, ADD-Pwr Sorcer X4 and various GK Acoustics acoustic panels.