View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 05:00 PM
Go Dawgs

Default Is there a portable DAP that works with car USB?

Seems like it's a bit hard to find this by reading product descriptions......I'm going to need a new portable digital audio player soon, my iPod classic is almost out of room and I'm too lazy to fool with doing the SSD upgrade you read about online. I really only use it for the car and travel...my question is do any of the higher end portable players out there like the A&K, Sony or Onkyo output audio through USB so you can hook it up through your USB input on your car and be able to use the integrated media system that your car has? I know that the line output will offer better sound quality, but I've been spoiled by iPod integration over the years since it's such a user friendly system and you don't have to access the device itself, but I cannot find any info as to whether the newer portable players have this capability.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3