Thread: iPod ?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 04:32 PM

I store all my music in AIFF format on both my iPhone and my iPad. 1,202 songs stored in this lossless format uses 55.52 GB of memory.

The Apple Music player is pretty easy to use but I use the Cesium app instead because I like the way it uses my artwork rather than Apple’s artwork when scrolling through artists. I also just find it a better interface and more intuitive but there are many different music player apps to choose from should you wish to do so.

Regarding hi rez files, I don’t have any so I can’t comment on how much storage they take up. Also, if I’m correct, I think that you have to use an external DAC in order to maintain and play hi rez files from an iPod, iPhone, or iPad because the internal DAC is only capable of playing files up to 48 kHz. To do so you would have to get the apple lightning to usb camera adapter and bypass the internal DAC for a USB digital out from the iDevice. RNRMF1971 should be able to let you know on this since he has experience with it.

Last edited by Stahle; 08-09-2018 at 05:02 PM.