View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 12:52 AM

Default Closing in on done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Tony, in my case, I have played around with so many of them (Not the Everest as this was a while ago) and obviously having paid close attention to it while being at the "peak" and "pinnacle" of my system and custom built room with lots of $$$$ invested.. I was obviously looking for that last ounce of sonic horsepower. Didn't find it with the power conditioners.

Of course YMMV and FWIW, as it applies to my own level of willingness to play the audio game these days, "I think I can hear a difference" from an $8k power conditioner is not something I am willing to entertain personally.

I have a rather modest system which keeps me listening to music all day long and I am more than OK with that. The game has no end and there is always something new coming out that promises to bring profound and game changing performance. One can count on that with ANY hobby.

But if the Everest has brought the most profound difference in their system, as some claim, then I do wish everyone with an Everest countless hours of sonic bliss. I have no skin in this game.

Serge, certainly a healthy approach if you can no longer hear the difference or it’s not worth it to you. By the way, “profound” would not be my choice of words. I experienced a positive difference which was worth the investment, but not “profound.”

Probably best to let Mitch’s thread get back on track, my apologies for derailing it a bit. Be glad to continue the dialog with you offline via pm.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2

Last edited by Antonmb; 01-21-2021 at 12:55 AM.