View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 11:22 AM

Do you have a link to the review? I'd love to read it.

As for cable, if your components are properly designed, they shouldn't need any tweeking. That's a band aid IMHO and that of most designers. I can't imagine needing a special cable to boost the highs or tighten the bass or whatever. There are sonic differences, but I want a neutral cable to let me hear my components. That's why I love the Audioquest and CArdas lines best. To my ear (as well as many others in the industry who use both in their own systems) they are the most neutral. I was an MIT guy for 25 years or so and I used their 770 speaker wire and their 350 interconnect wires with their various network boxes. Those are the wire they use in their Spectral cabling and are the top of the line wires. They just aren't as neutral as the AQ and Cardas. Cardas themselves manufacture MUCH of the wire used by others in the industry. They have invest in the equipment to braid as needed for others. It's just implementation etc... The reason I love the AQ cables over the Cardas is the DBS box that keeps the cables broken in at all times. I don't know what it is, but I hear the difference between the similarly priced cables of each company. That's just me, but I will tell you to get both cable lines in the system and go with what sounds best to you. AQ and Ayre demo together all the time also .