Thread: 20.7 vs ...
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
Re the Sanders 10d. I have heard good things about these as well. Biggest drawback I have heard is the head in vise issue. Also - anyone I have seen post about the magtech loves it including this forum and the Martin Logan owners forum. Given he has two amps and everyone swears by the magtech - what is the point of his esl amp?
The ESL amp is the older of the two, the Magtech was built with the ESL as the foundation then adding a fully regulated power power supply that is 100% efficient. The regulator makes it possible to obtain a 50% increase in power over the same amplifier operated unregulated. In its stereo form, the Magtech will deliver 500 watts/channel into an 8 ohm load and 900 watts/channel into a 4 ohm load.

Beyond the tech stuff the Magtech is a great match for maggie's, it brought my 20.7s to life & I would not trade the amp for anything out there, regardless of cost.