View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 05:34 PM
Go Dawgs

Add me to the list of HD upgraders, really looking forward to this. So I was able to turn this into a more fun process than just sending it in. Turns out that some good friends of ours are going to be in Scottsdale, AZ for spring break with their kids who are best friends with ours. We were invited to join them if our schedules allowed, so I figured it would be a perfect time to arrange the HD upgrade and perhaps see some of it in person.

I was able to organize the timing so here's the plan....I'm going to drop off the preamp at Hifi Buys the last week of March and have them ship it to D'agostino about a week before we leave. We're going to fly out of Atlanta that next Saturday and arrive in Las Vegas and give our girls the quick 10 cent tour of the strip. The next morning we're leaving and going to do a quick tour of the Hoover Dam and hike or boat along the Colorado River on our way to the Sedona area. Next day we're gonna do a kid friendly hike and visit the south rim of the Grand Canyon and spend the night in Sedona. Our friends are driving up from Scottsdale and we're meeting up that morning for a tour of the area. Wednesday - Saturday we'll be in Scottsdale all together.

I plan on meeting Bill McKiegan/Dan at the D'agostino HQ one of those days to see them perform some surgery on my Momentum preamp and get a quick tour of the facility before they close it up and send it back to ATL. Gonna be a fun trip, if I get some good pictures I'll post a trip report! Really can't wait to see the improvements the HD upgrade will bring to the table.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3