View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 04:16 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNut View Post
I've tried to like the Peak Design straps - but they just don't work for me. Got a couple in a box if anyone's interested. I've also tried the Peak Design bags and they are not compatible with me or my cameras. (I despise them)

I've also tried the Up Straps and dislike them for the same reasons Stephen stated.

For Fuji cameras (and other smaller mirrorless) I really like the Footprint straps, custom made in England. - Too thin for big Nikons etc. but for the Fujis, they almost match the elegance of the cameras. I really like these straps.

Here's an example of a Footprint strap with a shoulder pad. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Came...IAAOSwJ7RYSDCW

The man who makes these straps had a very serious medical problem and his production has suffered, but they are worth any wait.
I am with ya, Julian, I don't like the Peak Design straps, either. They are way too slippery for me and I don't like sling style straps, either. I do like their anchor links and little red/black circular tabs that you connect to the camera, but I use a canvas LowePro Street & Field strap on my X-T2 and my Fuji X-T2 strap on my X-T1.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.