Thread: Q7 delivered
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:23 AM

Toga, big congrats! Did your dealer help you set your speakers up? When I received my Maxxes I had done a lot of preparation as to where I was going to initially position them. I had carefully read the owners manual taking into consideration all the help it gave. Typically, an isosceles triangle (not an equilateral) works out the best. If the speakers are correctly configured in the back so that the woofers are "doing their thing" as they should and you are certain of this fact, then you may want to try for a more "in the corners of the room" placement to enhance bass weight.

Getting back to the dealer, he should help you position these speakers. As to floor coupling the immense weight of this speaker should couple it to the floor automatically even with the casters, although I'm sure spikes etc may add some additional focus/tightness. My dealer spent about six hours setting up my Maxxes even though once set in their initial positions, they were never moved. Later on the casters were removed and the final spiking was done with some small improvement in the bass. When my dealer left I was totally satisfied with my sound.

Last edited by Charles; 05-15-2013 at 02:21 AM.