View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntman View Post
I recently went on an auditioning adventure.. I tried heaps of different speakers.. one particular set I tried was the Sonus Faber Liuto floorstanders. The shop had it on demo with the Luxman 505U... the 2 combined with a Luxman D-05CD player was a match made in heaven. In fact, the dealer sells B&W Diamonds as well, and I did have a quick comparison with the Liutos against a 804 Diamond. I know both are in different price categories but the Liutos held up well against the 804!

Simply put, the Luxman is a very rich and sweet sounding amp. It packs a lot of power and it can develop a very fast and warm sounding bass.

Luxman recently released the 505UX. It looks slightly better with it's dual mono design. Did you have a chance to listen to that?
I have not heard the upraded 505uX model. My dealer is waiting for the new 507uX to become available in the US. It is already in distribution in Japan. Hopefully he will have it here this spring. I will be looking forward to listening to it when it arrives, especially the upgraded volume control, as I use this amp for low volume listening quite often.
Primary System: Ayre KX-5, Ayre VX-5, Ayre C-5XEmp, Ayre QB-9 DSD: Sonus Faber Olympica III: Audioquest Meteor: Yamaha RXV-1800, Oppo BDP-103, Paradigm center and rear surrounds, Paradigm Ultracube 12 sub, Audience ar6-TSD
Office System: Luxman L-507uX, Esoteric K-05, Harbeth 30.1, Dual REL T5 subs, Nordost Tyr 2 cabling, Audience ar6-TSD