Thread: Higher End DACs
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Stephen, Yoshida-san did not master every recording.

The SHM mastering of the Dire Straits albums on SACD are legendary IMHO. As a Dire Straits fan, I could care less if they are 1/1000 of the 0.5% of SACDs. I love them and can easily play them in a native format on my ROON/SILENZIO/K03x system.

For me, I am willing to pay for that success as much as some may pay for other priorities. Humbly, I think you are stating clear opinions that are not necessarily fact.
Craig,

Great post...I fully agree! For the record, as many know I am a huge fan of XRCD and XRCD2, XRCD24 and related formats and the early work by Yoshida-san. It is worthwhile to note that Winston Ma took this format even further with his XRCD, XRCD2, XRCD24, K2HD (24bit, 100 Hz) and follow on work.

There are things out there leveraging DSD as well and the format is not dead by any means.

I agree with PumaCat's comments regarding 2 most important factors. We should throw in a 3rd for the record, that being quality of the remastering work and format chosen as well.

It is for all these reasons that I own analog, PCM and DSD-originating work using where applicable, remastered or origin on straight RBCD, XRCD(n), K2HD, DXD and DSD media formats.