View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Let me help out here a little bit. Ivan is a top tier fellow and goes with the best. We have many power cords that could be used with the Denali so let me lay out the possibilities. These are the cables that could be used listed in order of price. Realizing that the Denali requires a C19 (20 amp) terminated cable.

Venom HC (US$ 295)
Venom EF V10 (US$ 450)
Delta EF (US$ 700)
Alpha EF (US$ 1250)
Sigma EF ($US 2500)

If you are on a strict budget and already stretching it to get a Denali, I recommend the Venom EF V10 as a minimum to realize the performance of the Denali. This is a really great cable at a ridiculously affordable price.

The cable that we most often recommend for the Denali is the Alpha EF. It is an extremely flexible cable so it is perfect if your Denali resides in a nice cabinet. The cable gets you to the 90% performance level without having to spend crazy money.

Of course, if cost is not a consideration, the Sigma EF provides the maximum level of performance.

You may notice that I do not recommend the NR (noise reduction) cables for use as an input cable to the Denali. This is because the Denali has such extraordinary levels of noise reduction that the NR in the cable is really not needed. However, using NR cables from the Denali to each component is recommended because the NR cable intercepts noise generated the component’s power supply directly at the component inlet.
Caelin - Since the Venom HC & the Venom EF V10 are both 10 gauge cords without noise reduction, it appears that the difference between the HC & the EF V10 are: OFE Alloy 101 copper, better connectors, & KPIP on the EF V10. Is that correct, or is the construction also different?