View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLG4EVR View Post

I would not be concerned about the ref250's being too sterile or cold. They are not at all. Less fatiguing, either combination can easily be listened to for many, many hours with absolutely no listener fatigue. Curious the size of your room. Mine is about 15x30x 10ft ceilings. Easy to handle the power of the ref250's. Even though I tend to play loud I never felt overpowered with the ref's. That said these amps cruised without even breaking a sweat at big volume. Definitely more detail than the mc275's. I think the ref5 se is a no-brainer, just a great pre-amp. Regarding amp you have to listen to both combinations and see what pleases your ear the most.
I am also very happy with the arc ph8 phono stage but find that I am playing a lot more vinyl than originally anticipated and am considering trading up to ref2 se phono stage. The vpi classic 1 is great value in tt and I can't see trading up anytime soon.If I was looking to move up a better cart would be the next move.
Thx!

Ordering 5se

I have a big room with tall ceilings.

ayre dx-5, kxr, mxr, Vandersteen 5A, marantz 8801, Vandersteen vcc-5, Vandersteen vsm sig