View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
OK, rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd bring this old one back to life.

I have been trying to burn in my PS Audio P10 as I have been struggling with brightness and anemic bass since adding it to my system.

A buddy let me try his "Irrational But Efficacious" CD. I am NOT a foil hat guy, and have always been very skeptical of tweaks.

I'm not sure what to think, but the system sounds considerably better. Could it be timing, who knows. I scratching my head a little at this voodoo.

The only thing that makes sense to be how frequency sweeps could improve your sound as a "housekeeping item" is with speaker components and coils with magnets could get sluggish over time? Possibly running a sweep of a range of frequencies helps overcome this somehow.

Who knows. I do appreciate how Charles Hansen doesn't pretend to know how this may work, just that he has found it effective.

Still not sure what to think, but I wonder if any others out there have played this CD and heard any improvements.

So knowing that there is no audio signal going through the P10, do you think the issues you had were elsewhere in your system?

I don't have the disc you own but I have the Isotek/Esoteric disc and trust it helps break in gear/cables just a little faster. Whether it actually works or not isn't that important since I already own it and it doesn't hurt to use it.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables