View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 02:59 PM

Default C52 Newest Firmware Version

Does anyone know what the newest firmware for the C52 is?

Right now I have a C47 and it's great but unfortunately it has a very annoying "feature" where the USB input mutes itself whenever nothing is playing and then the volume ramps back up when the source starts playing again. McIntosh claims this is intentional in order to prevent potential noise but in affect it just means I always miss the first half second or so whenever I start something playing.

This problem is seemingly fixed with the newer units which use the DA1 and DA2 as well as the D1100 by adding an option to disable the automute "feature".

I read in another forum that it seems like the most recent firmware update to the C52 ads the automute defeat feature but for whatever reason McIntosh won't tell me if that is indeed the case.

I don't know why they would have updated the C52 but not the C47 seeing as they have the same DAC section.

I was planning on replacing my C47 with a new C8 with the DA2 module to try and fix my issue with the C47 but when I talked to my local dealer they have an open box C52 for the same price that's why I'm wondering if anyone with the C52 has the automute disable option and if so does it actually fix the issue?

If it does I think I'm going to get the C52 since it's a much better preamp than my C47 or the C8.

Last edited by Logan Nolag; 10-27-2020 at 05:23 PM.