Thread: CA-2300 vs. ???
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGremlin View Post
If the fan noise has become intrusive it is because you are driving the amplifier quite hard. As you like the Classe sound why not consider other Classe options that are capable of driving your system at the level you require without the cooling fans ramping up. Monoblocks if possible.
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm afraid they don't mesh with what I am observing in my system. The speakers are easy to drive and crossed over to subs below 80 Hz, and I don't listen at high levels. Still, after the amp has idled or run for a few hours, the fan ramps up a little -- not much, but enough to be audible in my room.

As I said earlier in the thread, my room is purpose-built and very quiet -- quieter than a couple of mastering studios I've visited. The amp is right between the speakers, and the fan in this unit does make noise. If I had a different room or listened to pop or rock music, I probably wouldn't notice the noise. Oh, well -- on to the next.

I've figured out, I am limited to audio gear that doesn't have fans. Fortunately, quite a few amps fit that description.