View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

I will probably keep the Wind in the system for that reason. What do you think?

Best

Charles

The cable issue is not easy and a tricky and controversial issue.

I'm not a pro. And my subjective answer is just due to my experiance as a enthusiast, so don't consider it as anything more. Some would of course disagree with me.

I'v been testing different cables for years in my systems and in some friends systems. In these system I can quite good predict the outcome with different brands and different levels in a serie. It's harder in a system you never heard. But there are often some things that are the same.

It's often the best to use cables from the same brand for a number of reasons.
Cables are filters and they will effect the sound. Cables that suits many different systems are often better than they who is more spesializet in just a few systems/speakers. Often the big brands are good and witch one you prefer is a matter of taste.

I'm not that familiar with Audioquest in my system appart from a CAT-cable (diamond) I tried in my MSB-digital source and as interconnects in my home-cinema system.

So, if your intention is to stick with Audioquest I think you should use the same type of cable-specification, same materials as silver or copper and so on, all over the system.
To mix impedance in different cables is often bad for timing, transients and resolution I think.

The biggest upgrade for me was when I start to use everything from Nordost. Both that I use just Valhalla and Valhalla 2 and QRT-system from them.

Maybe the least important cable due to my experience above is the IC-cable to the bottom end/sub. (It's important but the least important.)

So, if you dare. Nordost have got a box to borrow with a lot of cables and I think QRT-things in it.
The worst thing that can happen is that you don't like it in your system and get some fun and experience.

Have a nice weekend
/Carl

Last edited by Apexorca; 11-30-2020 at 01:22 AM.