View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
Hi Bob,

I'm happy this was solved. There are times that it's like unwinding a fishing reel to get at the knot.

I should have mentioned electrical phase. That is yet another variable that should be considered and matched. Another factor you may have run into is that the Triton and Denali internal grounding are handled differently from one another, so that could be contributing in your case.

The take away is that if anyone wants to get the benefit of dedicated lines, whether to separate amps, digital or other parts of the system, the two lines need to be twins from breaker to outlet-- same phase, same current rating, same exact length and gauge of wire and same outlets. Even with that, if the two power distributors have different ground plane architecture you could get hum.

This may be a good example of why the grounding posts come in handy. Thanks for running the experiment, Bob. Very glad that did the trick!

Best regards,
Grant

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us all on this Grant. I’m about to do this exact same thing whereby I have an existing line on a dedicated circuit but wish to run 2 additional cables for mono amps. Because they are large amplifiers I was going to run larger cables than existing but it sounds like there is a risk of hum in doing so...didn’t think of this

Great we can all share on this fantastic forum with a great bunch of people!