View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 07:49 AM

Dan,

Would you please explain how this resolution has been decided as it basically SXGA at best, probably less than 100dpi and lower color depth. For modern devices I cannot even force the camera in my S10+ phone to take photos of this low a resolution. I also tried and the screen on my 2018 MacBook Pro cannot even be forced into this reduced resolution mode or something in the range less than the given pixel width and be legible or something the display driver supports.

That would force anyone with higher rez photos to have to manually edit and shrink every photo before uploading. This might affect collaboration on the forum.

Sure it is possible but looking at every single photo I have ever uploaded or any on my camera right now, they all fail the test..

The mobile app already seems to solve this and shrinks images to fit on screen when viewed. On pc or laptop screens, this can be countered by using a higher def resolution

OR....

Does the Tapatalk uploader/forum software allow you to set an auto-shrink parameter on every upload, i think it must based upon what I have seen elsewhere? If we insist on that low rez photo size limit perhaps that is a better way to go about it.

Thanks...I am hoping there is an alternative solution to accomplish this.

Mark