View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhiner View Post
Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. With respect to the issue of amplifiers and how they interact with the Everest, I am glad to share what I heard.

For several years prior to auditioning the Everest, I ran my front end gear through a Denali 6000/T. I specifically chose NOT to plug my Conrad Johnson Premier SA350 amplifier into the 6000/T because, according to my ears, DTCD was better when using a wall outlet. Instead, I ran the SA350 through the Denali 2000/T (which is intended for amplification gear). The Conrad Johnson sounded faster and more immediate when hooked up to the 2000/T as opposed to a direct wall outlet connection. I should add that there was unanimous agreement among my local audiophile friends on that point.

In my experience, the Everest outperforms even the 2000/T when it comes to dynamic transient current delivery (due in part to the Everest’s much larger QR/BB modules). The Conrad Johnson specs at 600 wpc into 4 ohms and while it’s connected to the Everest, there’s a sense of increased headroom and effortlessness I’ve never heard when it’s plugged directly into the wall outlet. Of course, other amplifiers may not respond in the same fashion.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Vance, that’s very helpful.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2