View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 02:15 PM

Default Bricked C2500

Hi Group,
My C2500 seems to have bricked itself after wind caused our power to flicker / reset multiple times two days ago. It's in the firmware update mode with the VU meters and the red LEDs with a blank display.

I've tried flashing multiple ways, even removing the bottom cover, holding down the program button while applying power, etc..

In all of that I'm attempting to use the firmware updater my dealer provided, but:

1) It doesn't look like the C2500 is on the list of files the software was made for

2) All machines I connect to have issues of an Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) in my device manager. Trying to force the Atmel SAM-BA driver via device driver comes back with Windows 10 64 bit saying the best driver (none) is already selected.

3) I even resorted to bringing up an old XP 32bit desktop, trying that, but the software from the dealer seems to be too new to work/install there.

Could I ask this group for a little guidance?

@j0rgan, could you share that firmware file you referenced via command prompt?

Does anyone have any ideas on getting the device driver to load correctly. Then maybe the McIntosh software would connect and work?

Thanks everyone!
-Jonathan