View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 04:59 PM

I did wonder whether passive power conditioners would benefit as much as transformer based conditioners but having tried SS and Ultra 5s under Silver Circle as well as Shunyata Cyclops, Triton and Typhon in various systems the resonance control under the Shunyata gear is even more critical.

External power supplies for critical components also seem to be another potential big win with better isolation. I originally gave the psu slightly lesser treatment than the gear they were supplying eg go with 3 instead of 4 or use a lesser type of Ultra but now they get as much resonance control as I can and also loaded on top.

So even under smaller off board psu I go with more points. Some pattern of theme of improvement with the psu seems to often be in dynamics and added viscerality and mid bass fullness. Along the way in building up with these I always tried getting a few extra Stillpoints in and trialling the various combinations to assess the gain... this proved to be something of a fiscally dangerous strategy.