View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garytn View Post
I'm a relative newcomer to AA and have only made a few replies to posts. This is my first new thread so please forgive me if this has been covered - I searched and didn't find any advice.
I have been in process of converting a bedroom to "my" room. My primary purpose is to make it my 2 channel listening room. However, I hesitate to call it a dedicated listening room because I will be watching TV and generally hanging out in there.
So, for dimensions the room is approx 13'x20 w/8' ceilings. My guess is my speakers will be about 5' from the back wall and 7-8' apart. Listening position will be around 8-9' from the speakers.
Now, the question. Will the size of TV screen make a big difference in the room acoustics? I will cover the TV with an acoustic panel for some listening sessions, but frequently I like to listen and watch TV at the same time. I'm trying to decide on a 55" or 65".
Obviously the bigger the better, but I fear that the bigger screen will introduce more unwanted reflections. I just don't know if the TV screen size would make a difference.
Thanks all, in advance. And, BTW this is the best of all the audio forums thanks to all of you and Ivan.
Gary
Hi Gary,

As long as you cover the TV with an acoustic panel I wouldn't worry about the size if the screen. IMHO.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.