View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 02:06 PM

Hello everybody, ciao Pete, how are you all doing?

It is long time since I last came to partecipate to this thread, this is due to how long it took for new suspensions to reach me off the US, I mean, very quick shipping and then a whole month or longer by Italian customs, enough said...

Today I took a long breath and applied the new suspensions to the passive radiators frames, had to use those things we use to hang clothes to dry (no, here we don't use drying machines, we have sun and electricity is suuuuper expensive) to keep them in place once the glue got applied and, so far, couple hours have gone by and it seems they are sitting in place, I wanna try and resist till tomorrow to apply the glue on the rear of the cones, hard to resist because I can't wait to listen to them but I wanna take it easy, one more day won't be big deal and I guess this is gonna be the difficult part of the job.

By the way, attaching two pics here, my method to keep the suspension in place while the glue does the job and the bottom of the speaker cabinet where there is extra foam and before I put the radiators back in place would like to hear from you what you think about it, I guess it was the ex owner to put it in there as he also had to remake the suspensions to both passive radiators and woofers (there were stickers on the cones frames with his name attached, God only knows how much he had to spend back then to ship them for the job, we live on a small island and everything we need has to travel).

I hope it all goes smooth tomorrow, next will be a sound test, will put them in place of my 4311B and if all works next will be cosmetic job on the cabinets, they are in good shape besides some little damage on the rear corner on one of the two but the owner had them painted, both on the wood with transparent varnish and on the front and back with black paint, I am pretty used to varnish because I own a boat I work on every year but this is a different job since it's not wood like my mahogany boat but rather a this slice, well, will figure it out later on, in the meantime curious to read about the foam in the bottom of the box.

Grazie

Giovanni