View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
My integrated path (always preferred integrated to spend more money on other components like speaker s and front end):

Plinius 8200MKII - terrific for the money.
Musical Fidelity Nu-vista - good sound but very poor build quality. Had numerous issues.
Plinius 9200- good one but noisy power supply and digital noise.
Plinius Hiato - very dynamic and good overall but still noisy power supply and bright (not natural) highs. Lacks air.
Gamut DI-150 - very good natural sound, but poor build quality and lack bass.
Jeff Rowland Continuum - great build and support but sounded analytical even after long brake.
Pass INT-60 - great one but my speakers demanded more power.
Pass INT-250 -end of the game for me. I did not hear anything better in my system. Great support from Pass.

Also auditioned Vitus RI-100 and SIA-025 (not at my house so). Loved Vitus SIA-025 but pricey.
I would really like to hear latest Gryphon Diablo, but there is no US distributor. I'm l wondering why nobody in US picked this great company to work with.
For me (over 40 yr period):

Marantz
Yamaha
Rotel
Classe
Ayre
Pass INT-250

Nirvana achieved.

I considered the RI-100, but was concerned that there is no US authorized service center, so one requiring it would have to go overseas.

Apparently, Gryphon was extremely unhappy with their last US distributor and now is being very particular in who they select. There's been interest expressed, but none have yet met their standards. They do however have an authorized US service center.

But for product and service quality, none could possibly match Pass' in my experience.