View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
Jim, I’m not sure why you think I wasn’t serious. It was a simple and innocent question that popped in my head 30 seconds after the following...

I live in a small subdivision of 27 homes, literally between a swamp and cornfields. I never get solicitors. Occasionally I’ll get a knock at the door by two frail women from Jehovah’s Witnesses or my neighbors selling Girl Scouts cookies or Christmas wreaths. Very rarely will solicitors show up and when they do, they at least look professional.

Yesterday, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed someone walking from the driveway to my front door. No car. As he approached the door, I could hear loud music coming from out front. He rang the doorbell, stepped back a bit and began rocking back & forth erratically. He was wearing a backpack and carrying two plastic bottles containing a blue liquid. The first thing I thought was he was selling some energy drink.

Anyways, I opened the main door, then as I cracked open the storm door and saw this hot mess selling household cleaner, I realized three things; 1) I probably shouldn’t have opened the door in the first place, 2) what the hell was I thinking opening the door, and 3) I’d feel a whole lot safer right now if I had my concealed carry.

I politely said no thanks and he walked away blasting his music.
I understand your question.
As for me, I do have a 410 shotgun with in reach. Have not had the need for it in many years. However, back in the late 90s I had a door to door solicitor come to the door and would not go away. At that time I had Max my 172 lb Rottie. In frustration I asked that guy two questions, Are you going to leave and HOW FAST CAN YOU RUN. Looking at Max he got the message as I was opening the door. (true story)
ED
2 Channel - Esoteric KO3, VPI Classic, C2300, MS300, MEN220, Bryston 7b SST, B&W 802D, JL F113 (2), MDA 1000, Olive 4HD, Sonos w/Remedy, WW Silver Eclipse ICs , Stillpoints Ultra mini, MR85 tuner, Aurender A10 server

Headphone listening
- Audeze LCD3 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Balanced cables, Sennheiser HD650, WW silver Eclipse Nano cable, Bryston BHA-1 amp

HT -
MX135, OPPO 103D, B&W CDM7, B&W center, Sony 65" LCD