View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:17 PM

So after some consideration, I thought I would play it safe and allow for more ventilation of the C22 III due to the fact that I placed it into an L72 cabinet. To do so, I purchased a replacement outer metal cover from the McIntosh parts department so that I could cut out the area that is located directly under the L72 vent. The metal cover was only $20.00 plus shipping. I then cut it and had it powder coated to match the original finish. Here is what it looks like after putting it back on. I know it's not pretty, but when the C22 is in the L72, you can't see it. Also, I kept the original uncut metal cover and put it away for safe keeping so that it can all go back to original condition should I wish to do so.

FYI, my C22 III is from a late production run. I say this because McIntosh at some point changed the outer cover from a three piece with thick metal sides to a single one piece wrap around that slides over the the unit from the rear. The earlier units do not have this so the photos below may not look like your C22 III.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4302.jpeg (1.80 MB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4303.jpg (90.0 KB, 37 views)