View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o

Mike, really appreciate your input. Mechanical to me sounds like "clicking", "grinding" and "spurious noise." I am a Mc-Fan so having an all McIntosh Audio system is important for integration and looks. I know of a place that has both Classe and McIntosh gear set-up, I will call ahead to make sure they have plenty of options to A/B.

I find that there is a great deal of conscious audiophiles sticking with analog pre-amps and swapping out (external) DACs as technology advances. It's a safe bet as the DAC segment and Computer Audio Segment is booming. Still with the majority of music available in CD format, I think, we need to catch our breath until there the infrastructure and music catalog catch up to support something better than "CD Quality."

As far as computer stuff.. I have an iMac and an AppleTV. The AppleTV plays most of my music and movies. I bought the MS300 to mainly do batch ripping, as when it's hooked up to my Sony CD changer it can import all 400 CD & tracks (with the right meta data and album art) with out any of my input. It's a god-send. I use FLAC and convert to ALAC.

I do play all things digital into the back of the MCD500 and then to my hometheater receiver. Which is where I want to make the improvement in 2 Channel. Pre amp to speakers improvement if required and that would start with new, to me, speakers, then amp..

Thanks,

Bill
I use a Mac Mini with Audirvana and a WW Platinum USB cable going into a Musical Fidelity 192 VLink USB to SPDI/F. I come out of the MF VLink, and into e MCD1100 digital XLR input. Once the update on the MCD1100 is done in a week, I will come out of the Mac Mini direct into the MCD1100 USB input and enjoy 32/192 (the rumor is 32/192, but 24/192 is fine too). I then use my iPad (apple remote works beautifully) to sort and listen to all my music which has been tirelessly ripped to Apple Lossless. I buy FLAC tracks from HDTRACKS and convert using some freebie program to Apple Lossless.

Last edited by mbovaird; 10-13-2012 at 09:01 AM.