View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o
Hey Folks,

The Classe CP-800 just hit my "audio" radar.. It's a big blip and approaching fast.

Okay, here is the deal, its a preamp with USB, Digital in, Bass Management, and full Apple iDevice certification. Nothing mind blowing.

But it's fully balanced from in to out with lots of flexibility, yes, it has HT bypass too.

To think that if I wanted to play 24bit/96khz files, located on my iMac, via my iPad (plugged in the front Apple licensed port), i could! ..and control it all from the classe remote at my couch makes this appealing to me.

Additionally, one could use a Mac Mini plugged in via USB, with thousands of songs, and control it all from an iPad.. Very cool.

This is all for about $5,000 USD

Course this is also leading to other B&W group products too

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Bill - I owned this for 3 months and sold it. Purchase price was $3800 (new). It sounded too mechanical to my liking. I liked the functionality, but not the sound. My two cents is a Mcintosh 2300 or c50. Both sound much better to my ear - especially the 2300. The Musical Fidelity M1 DAC plus a 2300 is a much better sound for about the same $5k. PM me if you need help computer audio stuff.

Mike