View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bubeck View Post
While still at Cornell in 1974-75 I put together what I would call my first complete "hi-end" stereo consisting of a Dayton Wright SPM preamp, an ESS 100 stereo power amp, ESS Heil AMT-5 speakers, an ERA turntable fitted with a Transcriptors Vestigial tonearm (slightly modified) with an ADC XLM cartridge. The AMT-5's were the first hi-end purchase that led to the rest with the ESS 100 being a good sounding match with the Heils.

Sounded awful good to me at the time.

Bob
Sources: ClearAudio Jubilee MC/ClearAudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Kirmuss KA-RC-1 ultrasonic. L’Art du Son CD treatment.
Hi Bob - Fellow Cornellian (graduated in '80's) - a Yamaha RX-500, Boston Acoustic Speakers, and a Magnavox CDB-650 CD player - shortly after graduating and getting my first job. I didn't like working too much so went to grad school but kept the gear for 10+ years. Good times.
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.

Last edited by clpetersen; 01-12-2021 at 11:27 PM.