Thread: ChronosonicXVX
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I should mention that my purchase of an XVX is somewhat closer, since I have tentatively determined it will fit and operate properly in my room. Basically I will be able to locate the XVX in the exact location of my Alexx which was the exact location of my Maxx3. If this were not possible I would probably not buy the speaker. There is still a tremendous amount of work left to do which I won't go into but the initial evaluation is positive. Previously, I had thought for a long time, the speaker just too large for my room, which was very disappointing since I have always wanted a super speaker and now have the money to buy one. Since I have owned a Maxx3 and now have had an Alexx for over a year, I feel I have a fairly extensive understanding of Wilsons. Unfortunately, it is impossible to determine much about a speaker on a 2 hour listen so I while will be very interested and appreciative of your comments about actually hearing one, they won't make too much difference in my decision but again any help or thoughts much appreciated. The Alexx is by far the best speaker I have ever had in my system. It fits perfectly in my room, like it was made for it. The Alexx is by far the biggest impediment to my purchase of an XVX. It is that good.
I'll be hearing the XVX on 11/13. You'll get several opinions here, I am sure. I've heard the Alexx many, many times and I absolutely love it. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you what I think in terms that can help you.