View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 09:30 AM

Gary, thanks for the post. I'm so glad I caught it. I wish there were a Genesis forum even though I own Wilson. I also note that nonetheless than McIntosh agrees with Mr. Koh. I believe the line source superior to the point source. I owned a Gen II with 12" woofers back in the 90's. I kept them until I felt the midrange towers were malfunctioning from age. Arnie Nudell and Paul McGowan were the originators of Genesis. This design you see here is exactly based on their original designs. I want to say that this 2.3 looks like a tremendous speaker. There are so many advantages if you have the room size to accommodate a speaker like this. Servo bass really is the best bass going. You get to optimize for both bass and midrange/treble. This ring radiator tweeter is an original development of Nudell and McGowan and truly represents a third alternative to the soft and metal dome tweeters of virtually all other designs. It is a superb tweeter. Folks buy speakers for many reasons. My in town dealer carries Wilsons. I have been extremely pleased with the sound of my Maxx3's and Thor combo, so much so that I would never consider changing, but, if there were a Genesis dealer close by, I might change my mind after I heard the 2.3's.