View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 11:53 AM

@charles,

Thank you for the nice words. Yes, these speakers have been transformative in my listening experiences no matter the source. I can play vinyl, stream, or play SACD and enjoy each equally well, except in a different manner. For example, my phono stage, an Aesthetix IO Signature is getting upgraded and while it’s away I have been using the Bluesound streamer with Tidal and my MCIntosh MVP 891 SACD player to great satisfaction. While my analog rig has more palpable harmonics, the other sources played through the T1.5s sound great too.

One factor that continuous to amaze me in any of the source feeds is that vocals tend to be so lifelike and articulate. I feel as if I get a sense of the recording venue.

These speakers play equally well at low and loud listening levels. I tend to like to play louder most of the time as I like to feel the bass or hear it’s impact more forcefully on the music I play. Since I acquired these speakers I don’t really feel a need to use my subs anymore. The bass is so deep and impactful I ask myself if I have the subs on, but no, they are off. And, I am talking clean, articulate, and deep bass, not boomy or mushy. I know my custom designed room with noise abatement and damping designed into the construction allows any speaker to play at there best, but, these speakers took the listening experience to a whole new level. I don’t know if I will get an itch in 10, 15, or 20 years to swap out, and if I do, there’s a very narrow market of speakers that I would consider that compete with these in terms of listening quality, and they all start in 50k to well over 100k ranges, at least, based on my Own personal listening experiences. There is always someone faster or better than what you have, but I have not found it, and I am not looking as the T.1.5 offers everything I was seeking for this upgrade; speed, efficiency, bass, dynamic, and some form of horn technology. The bonus was the field coil technology and a completely custom and hand built speaker by an audio craftsman. It took my wife a little bit to get used to the look and the enormity of the speaker in the listening room. But, when I played a song, Nils Lofgren, Keith Don’t Go, she knew immediately why I sold the B&W N800s, which she loved the sound and looks, for these. She was completely overwhelmed with joy and emotion by the music presented by these speakers. My wife has always been my beta tester for equipment experiments, haha, and I ask her for her opinion when I swap equipment or experiment. With her endorsement, I knew I made the right decision. She’s a keeper for life.