View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 02:06 PM

FINALLY got ahold of my dealer's hand-me-down WEL interconnects; they are the current version and 0.5m longer than I expected. At 2.5m, that's a lot of cable! Gonna get them split to 1.5m and 1.0m in the ensuing weeks. Much more impressive looking in person (and in hand) than the Wild Blue Yonder which they will be replacing.

Joey, moving from Wind to Fire will be a big difference in your system. Just more complete sounding from top to bottom. The Fire is a great cable for the money, and I think that's where the true "high-end" of AQ interconnects starts. On my headphone rig (Stax SR-009 and BHSE) the differences between interconnects is less significant than with speakers, because its highly compacted in-head soundstage suppresses any finely nuanced spatial cues. But even here, it's still quite an audible jump from Wind to Fire (detail, speed, tonal richness). However the difference between Fire and Wild Blue Yonder (older version) is so minor on headphones as to be almost a non-issue - it's more notable (but not huge) on speakers - slightly smoother, slightly warmer/richer, slightly better spatialization.

Last edited by mulveling; 03-02-2018 at 02:16 PM.