View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 07:04 PM

Dan, thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Based on my reading as much as I could find, and your advice below:

1. I am looking into the external drive you mention below - curious, will this do BluRay and/or SACD as well - and does that even matter, insofar as what the Aurender can use?

2. Thanks - dBpoweramp sounds perfect, and easy to use too. May I ask why you chose FLAC vs. AIFF or other lossless formats? Prefer to do this once and 'do it right'.

3. Thanks for the UPS recommendation. Definitely want one of those on the Aurender.

4. WW USB Silver Starlight en route from Ivan.

5. Same for a Dectet!

Still in the shallow end of the pool, but looking forward to

Cheers

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Matt.......Congratulations on your new Aurender N100H. It is a super music server.

This Dell external USB DVD/RW drive will do you just fine. https://www.amazon.com/Dell-DW316-Ex...BJVPECMDSFCVMR

Download dBpoweramp and use their CD ripper. It allows you to select the file format you wish (FLAC is what I use), does bit-perfect rips, and captures meta data and cover art.

A UPS Backup is a good idea. I have uninterruptible power supplies on both my Aurender N10 and N100H music servers. It is important to protect the operating system from hard crashes from a power loss. An APC Backups 650 will suit your needs. https://www.amazon.com/APC-Back-UPS-...PC+Backups+650

There are lots of good USB cables. You want to keep the maximum length to about 3 meters. I have used Wireworld Silver Starlight and Platinum Starlight USB cable with great success.

The PS Audio Dectet is a good quality power distribution center. It will give you the extra outlets you need, and provide you with surge protection, as well as over and under voltage protection.

PM Ivan (Masterlu) for pricing on Wireworld UPS cables and the PS Audio Dectet.

Hope this helps you out.