View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslrock View Post
I was leaning toward the RP10 with Apheta 2 MC or the VPI Prime with Ortofon Quintet Black MC since my local TT guy carries these products. Recommended between the two? I am also interested in alternatives and possibly a very high quality one owner if will offer a meaningful move up the scale.
A couple of great choices. I am a bit biased of course (aren't we all?) but I went from a VPI (Scoutmaster with all the trimmings) to a Rega P-9 with no regrets. The downside to the Rega is no VTA adjustment, but there are many cartridges that are a great fit without need for changing VTA. But if you like the "set it and forget it" of Rega, not having to mess with clamps, ultra-simple setup, etc., the RP10 should be an excellent table. The VPI will be great also, especially if you like the flexibility and don't mind putting that extra effort into setup to get that last degree of performance. And while I'm not familiar with the Prime, other VPIs offer upgrade paths as well.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2