View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Semi-audiophile

Addendum to the above: Yesterday I played some DVDs and the sound was much closer to what I experience with my LS3. Excerpts from Yes Live at Montreaux, ST:TNG's The Best of Both Worlds (on BD), and Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live from Madison Square Garden demonstrated more low-frequency weight than the previous tubes. The sound filled in more with the 4.5 hours spent yesterday.

At some point I may want to try the JJ tubes I bought, which are said to have a "forward sounding, full-bodied low end response with a weighty, dynamic midrange" plus highs that are "controlled yet warm with a very pleasant depth of field that extends the full sonic landscape"; that's from a review.

So my attitude toward the C2300 is warming up a bit.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks