Thread: Sweet Sig
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Favog View Post
Look real close at the writing on the slide. I've even got a few gun-value books around here some where that have it listed.

Made from 1977-1979 by J.P. Sauer (just looked it up). Officially called the Browning BDA Automatic (thus the distiction in the gun's title for the BDA-380).
oh, I wasn't doubting you, just surprised
also meaning, that is a Sig (no matter who marketed it)

Company was Sig-Sauer
it's also marked Sauer (possible Sig too depending on date)
it's basically a Sig P220(45 ACP) an excellent pistol

Browning / Sig Sauer BDA history
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 1976 Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft (SIG) introduced what would become the P220. It was manufactured by Sauer.
It was the first model of the classic "P" series Sigs. It was originally chambered in 9mm and then later in .45acp and .38 Super.

In 1977, Sig Sauer contracted with Browning to import the gun. It became known as the Browning Double Action or BDA. Browning imported these guns until 1980, when Sig decided to import them into the US on their own.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/36...a-history.html

good pics, marked Sig-Sauer one side, Browning the other
made by SS, imported/marketed by Browning

Albert Einstein

Last edited by ArthurPE; 07-06-2010 at 10:30 PM.