View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 09:34 PM

Some updates worth giving a shot

Not an "audio grade" audio rack fur sure but I really like the design and especially the yellow mustard high gloss color which is no longer available from Ikea. This is the Besta Burs model I got for a whooping 90$ . The room is still not fully decorated as per my plans but I know the furniture with blend in nicely.

I am worried though about how this is going to sound since there is a lot of furniture between the speakers. I am aware that the best scenario would be to have as minimum as possible in that spot. But it's all about compromies. I noticed that the flimsy wooden chip back panels are vibrating with the music. I don't know how this will affect the music overall. So far I don't perceive anything abnormal. If however I realise that the music is affected too much to not be accounted for, I will revert to Plan B which is to keep only the amplifier in the middle and moving everything else in the right corner. Not totally perfect again but it would already be better I believe.

My initial idea with this piece of furniture was to remove the two middle bottom drawers and put the amplifier there (see last picture for example). The DAC would have been on the top in the middle where the amplifier is now. And the digital player would be on the right side where it is. I was too excited (and too lazy to remove the doors) to have everything setup that I decided to try this first. With a longer USB cable, I will be able to move the digital player on the left for a cleaner look. Another touch I wish to give is to order the newer BDP faceplate from Bryston to match my BDA-3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9655.jpg (91.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9657.jpg (92.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9656.jpg (92.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg f13602ddc0694a598ba9db127429af90.jpg (28.1 KB, 47 views)