View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Jacques - I've heard the Thor Hammer and it sounds awesome, it's a fantastic subwoofer. That being said, it would be hard for me to believe that it would be that much better than 6! REL G-1. I'm a huge REL fan, especially for a 2 channel music system. What type of frequency response do you get on the low end in your listening room? 6 REL G-1s must sound incredible.....good lord......how much more bass do you need?

- Buck
Hey Buck,

not sure of the exact frequency response in my room. It is not so much that I want more bass, but rather thinking if I could get "better" bass it could improve the system. One Thor Hammer is roughly the side of 3 REL G1 stack on top of each other like I have.

While I love my Aida, the one think I love about Wilson speaker in general (or even my older Wilson Watch Dog subwoofer) is the bass extention and harmonic richness which in turns impacted the whole spectrum.

The 6 REL in my system brings the air, soundstage and dimension to the rest of the system that I have come to love so much, but the funny thing is there main impact is not in the sub 35Hz which I am cutting the REL today, but it is on what they do to everything else above 35 Hz!

So my thought was that seeing how important the subs are to my system if I was to improve on them, everything else would follow. And well, quite frankly a wet dream would be to drive the Thor Hammer with my MC2KW while using my REF 750 on the Aida!

But on the other end to your point the REL are already very good so I would not want to pay that much more money to get more or less the same thing I am getting today with my REL setup... hummm

Any of this make any sense?