View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 07:42 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Default PS Audio P10 in living room system

Week before last member Cincy2 listed his PS Audio P10 AC regenerator for sale in the Marketplace and I bought it. At the same time my PS Audio Power Plant Premier in the living room system was purchased by member Vintage Pete. I now have my new to me P10 installed in my living room rack providing clean AC to my sound system. Setup was a breeze using the touch screen. This 73 lb. component was quite a handful to get unpacked and in the rack, but once in place it looks great. I am extremely pleased with the P10 performance, features, and ease of use.

I am fortunate to have a dedicated utility transformer on my property that feeds power to my home with no one else sharing it. My THD on the incoming AC is relatively low, and I suspect a portion of that THD comes from the connected household equipment, i.e air conditioning, refrigeration, computers, televisions, etc. The P10 is powered with a 20 amp dedicated circuit and powers all equipment in the rack except the power amplifier. The MC452 is powered from its own 20 amp dedicated circuit through a Furutech Flux 50 inline power filter. I am certain their is sufficient reserve power from the P10 to support the MC452 but I prefer it being fed in this manner. The P10 displays my incoming power at 124.5 volts with THD of 1.9%. The output is 120.6 volts with THD of 0.1%. The voltage regulation and THD reduction is essential to the the system operation which is sounding better than ever. The PS Audio P10 is a nice upgrade. I am very pleased I made this purchase.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-17-2018 at 11:59 PM.