View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakegt3 View Post
I know the Sabrina has received a bunch of favorable reviews. However when I auditioned them, I was hugely disappointed. There wasn't anything about them that impressed me. The Sopra 3's were far superior. But have a listen for yourself and see what you think.
I liked the "house sound" of the Sabrinas but its not enough of a speaker for my large room. They did not have the Yvettes at the store, but assured me if I liked the Sabrina that I would love the Yvette. They offered a home audition of the Sabrina. The Sabrinas sounded very nice in the sweet spot, but that was not really sustained off axis. I do a lot of background off axis listening at my house. I feel like my current N802s fill in pretty well off axis. Would it be correct to say that I am looking for speakers with a larger soundstage ?

On Wed I will store audition the Sopra 3 and B&W 802 D3. This dealer will let me choose one of those for a home audition. I'm excited because I've never heard a Focal speaker before.

I'm not really very experienced with auditioning speakers. I plan on having a short list of tracks that I know. One think I do know is that I am bothered by bright sounding speakers, so I'll be listening for this. Any other words of advice for in store speaker auditions ?