View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Jerry, that link to the Tannoy Westminster SE should give you a clue what to do with the Leben. Your Meridian speakers may have to find another home though.

Actually I've read that review many times making mental notes as I expect my Canterbury's to be similar but on a smaller scale. I also have and enjoy all the records Jeff Day mentions in his review so it will be interesting to listen to the same records with Shindo and Canterbury.

Congrats and enjoy your Leben!
The following is a "ballsy" statement I am making.

I have discussed this with Howie 2 days ago about Jeff Day's review on the Westminsters as well as his pairing them with the Leben RS28CX + CS600P combo and I do like what I have read, seen BUT not heard. Still, this combo had been running circles in my mind and honestly, I am thinking very seriously about this. The local dealer can smell my thoughts (he must be an X-Men with some powers to do that) and offered me a complete dollar for dollar trade in of my souped-up CS300XS and just pay the difference for the combo I mentioned.

With this being said, Howie and me were discussing if we should buy 2 pairs of the Westminsters, or the alternative, the new Kingdom Royal. Problem is space and the talked went to me looking at new homes. That said and done, I am also KEEPING my existing Meridian system as I do like them a lot. Maybe it will end up as the bedroom system as the speakers, though tall are not imposing, while the Westminsters/Kingdom can grace the hall.

I do not know Jeff Day BUT I do trust what he had written about the Leben Pre/Power combo, which is not a lot of money as compared to Shindo or the Kondo Ongaku + G70 which Howie is eyeing (his wife is kinder to him and let him have toys every now and then).

The Tannoy Westminster/Kingdom Royal+Leben RS28CS+C600P is definitely cheaper than my current Meridian combo - sans the C15+Twinstore which both Howie and myself also agreed that we should keep as its so much easier and fun to listen to. Of course, serious listening, we'll go for the TT (which I am also keeping)!

I am waiting for home prices over here to go down to saner levels before I jump into it. Meanwhile, will KIV the dream as there are still 3 major hurdles to resolve. Firstly space, second keep Meridian and last/most important, how to open my big mouth to say the word "CHANGING SYSTEM" OR "ADDING ONE MORE". That is my headache which I will really need time to ponder. Luckily, I have time as the new home market is still not caving in over here.

Serge, unlike you, I have no credibility with my wife for what I have gone thru last year, when she discovered how much I have really paid for my gears all the years. Now, I am rebuilding the trust and integrity which I have so laboriously earned. So every move I make regarding spending on hifi really have to be sieved thru my thickhead many times before I dare utter a word. Its not that much about money, its more about if she will TRUST me again!

Since I have my Meridian, I am very happy and am enjoying. Just that sometimes, old habits die hard! Sigh!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar