View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
Seriously, NO .. But I have been moving around listening.

Was told this Leben 15 watter works magic with Klipsch Cornwalls (yet to hear), Avantgarde Uno Picco (old model - phased out but a used mint pair available. Asking for S$28k), Uno (old model, again phased out but a mint used pair available for S$8k - snapped out unfortunately).

As speakers do take time (and need space), I am working on as the last issue. Meanwhile, all suggestions/recommendations are welcome. You have any recommendations I should go listen?

Meanwhile, I am trying to get the Leben RS30EQ. I have actually placed the booking for it. Just dont have the guts to complete the deal. So, let it sit in the dealer's showroom first. Put together with the CS300XS makes them looks like "husband & wife" pair!

Seriously, the Leben's like a cheap alternative for Shindo's I was told. In fact, Jeff Day's review praised Leben's quite highly, especially the higher Pre/Power combo where he matched them with the Tannoy Westminsters! tannoy

For sure, I am very happy with this tiny and cute amp! Heard it thru the Duevel Planets and it really sounded good, especially AFTER the mod I have done.

Cheers!
Jerry, that link to the Tannoy Westminster SE should give you a clue what to do with the Leben. Your Meridian speakers may have to find another home though.

Actually I've read that review many times making mental notes as I expect my Canterbury's to be similar but on a smaller scale. I also have and enjoy all the records Jeff Day mentions in his review so it will be interesting to listen to the same records with Shindo and Canterbury.

Congrats and enjoy your Leben!