View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 10:58 AM

MY suggestion is to make a second same sort set of the interconnects. And add a pair of splitter XLR at each end. So you basically are running TWO SETS to each connection. This may sound crazy, but there are a group of folks who SWEAR by this method of improving performance.
The only problem is the splitter trios. Making them yourself? Basic XLR for a few bucks are great, and easy to work with, soldering up as set to split the out signal to two with only the shortest (have to be about eight inches total wire pre-construction to let the XLR bodies fit back off the connector while making them. Then same thing except two into one XLR at the amp end.
I know it seems it would not mean anything... But read about it.
If you find the setup works you could just have or do yourself, two sets of WIRES to the same XLR you now use thus avoiding the spitters completely. Or, just take the leap and add the second set of wires to one set of your current XLR
Google ""Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic"" to find some discussions... and think it over. Making one set to try might be worth the bother. If the one set helps.. Then you can do the rest.
I spent $3,200 for one pair of seven meter IC.. so I can understand your frustration.
I have myself not used the Schroeder method. but from other experience, I can see how doubling up can work to enhance the performance of a long set of cables.
I think this might help you out.

Last edited by Beet Farmer; 07-21-2019 at 11:00 AM.